Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Blog CPR....is that a thing?

If it is a thing, I think my blog needs it. 


It has been over a year since my last post.  I really enjoyed blogging, but life got in the way.  I returned to teaching in the fall and sent my little one off to preschool.  I started teaching a new grade level (2nd....LOVE!), at a new school (really close to home), with a new team (LOVE them!), using Common Core Standards (new to me), and my district adopted a new reading and math series.  To say it was a whirlwind year is putting it mildly.  I am now teaching at the school my daughter attends.  It's so nice going to school with her.  Our lunch times overlapped by a few minutes, so I could chat with her for a few minutes during the day.  It was great!  My son started preschool at our church last fall.  He LOVES it!  I am so proud of how well he adjusted.  His teacher was amazing and always kept me informed on things he was doing and even texted me pictures during the day.  It made going back to work a lot easier.


Next year I will be teaching second grade again (yay!!).  I'm so glad I'll be able to fine tune what I did last year.  I'm working on stuff this summer to use next year.  I'll have to add some posts of my projects. 


During our family vacation I read The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller.  It was awesome!!!  Have you read it?  I just started her second book Reading in the Wild today when I was working out on the elliptical.  It's great so far.  She has really changed my thinking on several things.  What books are you reading this summer? 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes to the teacher