Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day/Lunchbox Notes

Hi Mom.....if you are reading today.  I love you!!!!

Today is Valentine's Day.  I planned a special breakfast for Mike and Madalyn.  Luke was still snoozing away in his crib.  I made heart shaped pancakes and bacon.  I try to always set the table the night before to make it easier in the morning. 

 
 
I guess I should have turned the light on before taking the picture.  =)
 
 
 
My heart pancake on the griddle.  A little abstract, but so much easier than using a cookie cutter!
 
 
I used this awesome, BIG squirt bottle my Mom bought for me at Chef's Warehouse.
 
 
Two of my Valentines enjoying their breakfast.  Luke had his later. 

 
I packed Madalyn a special heart shaped fluffernutter sandwich (peanut butter and fluff).

 
I just made the sandwich like I usually do and used a large cookie cutter to cut it out.  Easy and she loved it!
 

This week I have also been adding special Valentine lunch notes in Madalyn and Mike's lunchbox.  I usually add lunch notes but these were extra special.  I found them and downloaded them a couple years ago.  You can find them here.  I also write a little note on the back.  Madalyn likes reading hers since she is a reading machine now days. 

I hope you had a special Valentine's Day!

Check back soon.  I'm going to be posting more spelling and sight word practice ideas. 
 

 
 



 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes to the teacher